- Two course lunch in the heart of the Cotswolds
- In depth look at the Cotswolds
- Stroll through picturesque Burford built by the River Windrush
- Drive through Stow-on-the-wold and Moreton-in-marsh
- Walking tour and free time in Stratford-Upon-Avon*
The Cotswolds represenst an area that is forever England, remaining seemingly unchanged with the passing of time. Rolling landscapes, dry stone walls, perpendicular churches and sparkling clear streams fuse with tiny villages and hamlets with their charming limestone houses, tea shops and inns. Our full day tour of the Cotswolds begins in Burford, where the magnificent High Street, which slopes down to the River Windrush, holds every variety of Cotswold stone. There will be time to visit the small tea houses before heading south to Bibury.
Lunch in the most beautiful village in Britain!
Lunch beckons and what better way to satisfy your hunger than with a fabulous two course lunch in the Swan hotel, situated in the centre of Bibury, overlooking the River Coln. The 17th century former coaching Inn serves a fabulous range of traditional cooking, ales and fine wines. Bibury was described as the 'prettiest village in Britain' by William Morris.
Stratford Upon Avon
The afternoon is spent exploring Bourton-on-the-water, another delightful village in the Cotswolds that is 'forever England.' We then head to Stratford-Upon-Avon for a short walking tour passing Shakespeares Birthplace.
Please note: If Swan Hotel is not available lunch will be held at an alternative lunch venue.
* Please note that from 1st April 2014 tour will not visit Stratford-Upon-Avon instead an additional stop in the village of Stow-on-the-Wold will be added to enjoy more time in the Cotswolds.
Tour Code: 12