- <p><strong><u>Explore the Cotswolds</u></strong></p> <ul> <li>The Cotswolds represent an area that is forever England<br /></li> <li>The region is home to dozens of charming villages and market towns set within sweeping British countryside<br /></li> <li>Our tour visits some of the most charming and picturesque of these villages including Bibury, Burford and Bourton-on-the-water</li> </ul>
- <p><strong><u>Thatched cottage</u></strong></p> <ul> <li>The Cotswolds is home to many thatched cottages<br /></li> <li>Thatching a roof dates back to the Bronze age and was a cost effective way of forming a roof<br /></li> <li>Now a well thatched cottage is seen as very picturesque and adds a significant value to the price of the property</li> </ul>
- <p><strong><u>Bibury</u></strong></p> <ul> <li>Often described as the prettiest village in Britain<br /></li> <li>Our tour includes a two course lunch in the Charming Swan hotel<br /></li> <li>There will also be time to take a leisurely stroll through the village and take a look into the crystal clear waters of the River Coln</li> </ul>
Lunch in the Cotswolds with lunch in the prettiest village in Britain
Tour Code: 12
- Lunch in a 17th Century former coaching Inn in Bibury *
- See the most beautiful village in England
- In depth tour of the picturesque region
Our full day tour begins in Burford, where the magnificent high street holds every
variety of Cotswold stone. There will be time to visit the tea houses and shops before we head south to Bibury described as the ‘prettiest village in the Cotswolds’, by William Morris.
Lunch in Bibury *
Lunch beckons and what better way to satisfy your hunger than with a fabulous two course lunch in the Swan Hotel situated in the centre of Bibury overlooking the River Coln. The 17th century former coaching Inn serves a fabulous range of traditional cooking, ales and fine wines.
*On rare occasions that if the Swan Hotel is not available we will use a suitable alternative in a different village.
In the afternoon we take a leisurely drive passing through charming villages before visiting Bourton-on-the-water and Stow-on-the Wold, two of the most picturesque parts of the northern Cotswolds. Your guide will take you on a short walk in each village explaining their history before rejoining the coach and returning to London.