- <strong><u>The Tower of London</u></strong> <ul> <li>Premium Tours have an exclusive agreement with the Tower of London <br /></li> <li>Our tours have access to the Tower before it opens to the public <br /></li> <li>The Tower was built in 1080 and famous prisoners include William Wallace and Guy Fawkes </li> </ul>
- <p><strong><u>Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace</u></strong></p> <ul> <li>The Changing of the Guard change takes place in front of Buckingham Palace<br /></li> <li>All of our full day London tours take time to watch the Guard Change <br /></li> <li>The soldiers come from one of seven regiments of the Household division </li> </ul>
- <u><strong><br /></strong></u>
Full day Magic of London with Champagne afternoon tea.
Tour code: L2
Includes private tour of the Tower of London - see the Crown Jewels.
- Private guided tour of the Tower of London with Yeoman Warder
- Be the first group to visit the Crown Jewels
- Panoramic drive seeing the icons of London; Westminster Abbey, Houses of Parliament, the London Eye and much more
- See Changing of the Guard - subject to availability
- Short boat trip on the Thames - see St. Paul's Cathedral, the Globe Theatre and London bridge
- Visit St Pauls with professional guide and fast entry ticket
- Champagne tea and scones at Park Plaza Westminster Hotel
The Tower of London ....private tour away from the crowds..
Following our coach drive past some of Londons most famous landmarks including Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament we arrive at the Tower of London where we are met on the middle drawbridge by our very own Yeoman Warder. Leading us into this world heritage site before it opens to the public our Beefeater will take us on a private guided tour explaining the history behind this fortress of imprisonment and torture.
We are also the first group to see the Crown Jewels before enjoying some free time to explore on our own. Why not visit Traitors Gate, the armouries or the Bloody Tower? And keep an eye out for the famous Ravens. Tradition has it that if the Ravens leave the Tower the monarch will fall!
Guard Change at Buckingham Palace
Departing the Tower we head to The Mall to watch the Changing of the Guard ceremony as one of the Queens Household Regiments march from St. James Palace to Buckingham Palace dressed in their world famous tunics and busbies.*
Short boat trip on the Thames and Westminster Abbey
Next we take a short boat trip on the River Thames as we enjoy excellent views of St. Paul's Cathedral and Shakespeare's Globe and then take a break for lunch. After lunch we have a photo stop at Westminster Abbey.
St. Paul's Cathedral
We start the afternoon part of our tour with a visit to St Paul's Cathedral. This masterpiece was designed in 1673 by Sir Christopher Wren, our tour will include listening to the 1695 organ that Mendelssohn once played and visit the tombs of Nelson and Wellington. On Sundays when viewing is restricted, there will be an opportunity to enter and enjoy one of the services.
Champagne Afternoon Tea at the Park Plaza Westminster Hotel
What better way to enjoy a quintessentially British afternoon tea experience than to sit back and admire the great views of Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament at the wonderful Park Plaza Westminster Hotel?
Enter the 1WB Lounge & Patisserie for a glass of Champagne and full afternoon tea. Choose from a selection of English teas and infusions along with a delectable selection of freshly made sandwiches, cakes, clotted cream, jams and scones - a truly luxury experience.
*Please note that on rare occasions the Park Plaza is not available in this case we will be using an alternative venue.
*If the Changing of the Guard is not taking place you will still have a photo stop opportunity at Buckingham Palace.
Please note on the dates St.Paul's Cathedral is closed (10th May, 18th June, 2nd July) we will be visiting Household Cavalry Museum instead.