- <strong><u>The Tower of London</u></strong> <ul> <li>Premium Tours have an exclusive agreement with the Tower of London <br /></li> <li>Our tours have access to the Tower before it opens to the public <br /></li> <li>The Tower was built in 1080 and famous prisoners include William Wallace and Guy Fawkes </li> </ul>
- <p><strong><u>Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace</u></strong></p> <ul> <li>The Changing of the Guard change takes place in front of Buckingham Palace<br /></li> <li>All of our full day London tours take time to watch the Guard Change <br /></li> <li>The soldiers come from one of seven regiments of the Household division </li> </ul>
- <u><strong><br /></strong></u>
Full day Magic of London with Champagne afternoon tea. Plus Thames river cruise.
Tour code: L2
Includes private tour of the Tower of London - see the Crown Jewels.
- Private guided tour of the Tower of London with Yeoman Warder
- Be the first group to visit the Crown Jewels
- Panoramic drive seeing the icons of London; Westminster Abbey, Houses of Parliament, the London Eye and much more
- See Changing of the Guard - subject to availability
- Thames River Cruise - see St. Paul's Cathedral, the Globe Theatre and London bridge
- Visit St Pauls with professional guide and fast entry ticket
- Champagne tea and scones at Park Plaza Westminster Hotel
The Tower of London ....private tour away from the crowds..
Following our coach drive past some of Londons most famous landmarks including Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament we arrive at the Tower of London where we are met on the middle drawbridge by our very own Yeoman Warder. Leading us into this world heritage site before it opens to the public our Beefeater will take us on a private guided tour explaining the history behind this fortress of imprisonment and torture. We are also the first group to see the Crown Jewels before enjoying some free time to explore on our own. Why not visit Traitors Gate, the armouries or the Bloody Tower? And keep an eye out for the famous Ravens. Tradition has it that if the Ravens leave the Tower the monarch will fall!
Changing The Guard
Departing the Tower we head to The Mall to watch the Changing of the Guard ceremony as one of the Queens Household Regiments march from St. James Palace to Buckingham Palace dressed in their world famous tunics and busbies.*
Thames River Cruise
Next we take a short cruise on the River Thames as we enjoy excellent views of St. Paul's Cathedral and Shakespeares Globe and then take a break for lunch. After lunch we have a photo stop at Westminster Abbey.
St Paul's Cathedral
The afternoon part of the tour begins with a visit to St Paul's Cathedral. We will explore the masterpiece designed by Wren in 1673 with a professional guide, taking time to listen to the 1695 organ that Mendelssohn once played and visit the tombs of Nelson and Wellington. There will also be the chance to test the unique acoustics of the Whispering Gallery (not normally visited by other tour groups.).On Sundays when there is restricted viewing at the Cathedral there will be an opportunity to enter and enjoy one of the services.
Full Afternoon Tea with a glass of Champagne at the Park Plaza Westminster Hotel
Full champagne afternoon tea with great views of Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament all lit up, at the Park Plaza Westminster Hotel.
*If the Changing of the Guard is not taking place you will still see Buckingham Palace.
Please note that on the following dates St.Paul's Cathedral is closed thus we will be visiting Household Cavalry Museum instead.
- May 12th 2015, June 20th 2015, July 4th 2015