There is nothing like a British pub! You can travel the world…and you will find fine replicas in bars…but nothing has the tradition and the ambience of a great, historic London ‘Boozer’. This is not just an ordinary pub crawl! Indeed there is no ‘crawling’ at all. To get you to the absolute finest pubs in one evening, you’ll be riding on a Vintage Routemaster Bus London bus. Not only that, but to go with the iconic venues and transport, your host is also a British icon, known for being the most irascible hotelier in comedy history!
Your brusque, unforgiving host will entertain you on the way to each venue and, should you survive the ranting and abuse, you will arrive at the grandest London drinking establishments in the perfect mood for your next tipple.
But first, let’s set the scene…You have enjoyed your first couple of drinks and some wonderful pub grub. It’s time to move on from the City of London to the next venue, but your famous host has got lost on the bus on his way to meet you and is apoplectic that you started without him. You just about have time to finish your hearty repast early in the schedule…but you’ve also eaten into his valuable time! Drink up; you’ll need the ‘Dutch courage’.
Meet at The Punch Tavern Address: 99 Fleet St, London EC4Y 1DE Public House, in the city of London at 4.00 pm.
• Meet at 4.00 pm at the famous Punch Tavern Pub…a glorious Victorian gin palace
• “To the Cheese!” This ancient literary gem is a must. The Old Cheshire Cheese. This is your chance to line your stomach with Cheese’s famous food!
• Your second, more illustrious host, Basil has arrived… with the London, bus to continue the fun.
• ‘All Aboard’ your traditional red London bus! Basil has been preparing a London quiz for you
• The Prospect of Whitby - have a pint where pirates were hanged!
• The Anchor at Bankside next to the Globe theatre. This was one of the Bards locals.
• The Harp this is a real, traditional boozer – no TV’s, no gimmicks, just lots of good ale!
• Evening ends at The Harp.