Lake District in One Day with Cream Tea
- Round-trip tickets to Lake District National Park with reserved seats
- Scenic Cruise on Lake Windermere (largest UK lake)
- Visit to medieval Hawkshead Village
- Visit to Hill Top (Home of Beatrix Potter)
- Photo stop at Tarn Hows, the scenic viewpoint
- Cream Tea at the Lindeth Howe Country Hotel, once home to Beatrix Potter
Meet the Premium Tours representative at Euston Station to collect your tickets and itinerary for the day then relax and enjoy your train journey to Oxenholme.
The below tour itinerary runs 1st March 2017 - 29th October 2017 (Summer itinerary):
We start the afternoon by making your way from Bowness Bay towards Waterhead cruising on England’s largest Lake, Windermere. Sit back and enjoy the unrivalled views from the Lake towards the fell ranges beyond.
After arriving at Waterhead we make our way to Beatrix Potter’s Hill Top Farm, where she wrote many of her famous children’s stories in this 17th century cottage. We will have the opportunity to go into the house* explore the garden and visit the shop.
Continuing onto the medieval village of Hawkshead, we will have a little time to explore its many delightful features. There is plenty of photo opportunities as William Wordsworth old Grammar School is located here.
Onwards then, to the renowned beauty spot of Tarn Hows, which is one of the most photographed locations in the Lake District. Soak up the stunning views looking towards the mountains at Tarn Hows,
We finish the tour in the lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windermere where you will be able to enjoy our Traditional English Cream Tea at a former home of Beatrix Potter, Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel, which is now a four star hotel.
The following tour is available between 30th October 17 and 16th February 18 (Winter itinerary):
- Lake Windermere, customers have a Lake
- Hawkshead, we stop for around 30-45 minutes
for clients to grab some lunch.
- Tarn Hows, a stop at the scenic viewpoint.
- The Langdales, classic Lake District ‘u’ shaped valley famous for
walking and climbing.
- Cream Tea at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel a former home owned by Beatrix Potter.
We make our way through the Southern Lake District arriving at the medieval village of Hawkshead, where you will have a little time to explore its many delightful features. There are plenty of photo opportunities as William Wordsworth old Grammar School is located here.
Onwards then, to the renowned beauty spot of Tarn Hows, which is one of the most photographed locations in the Lake District. Soak up the stunning views looking towards the mountains from Tarn Hows.
We then make our journey into the Mountains and the Langdale Valley, which was formed by glaciers millions of years ago. The area provides the classic Lake District scenery, you will have chance to stop at the picturesque Blea Tarn, you might even see a few of the local Herdwick Sheep!
Sit back and relax at the end of afternoon whilst you make your way from Waterhead to Bowness Bay cruising on England’s largest Lake, Windermere. At 1 mile wide, enjoy the unrivalled views from the Lake towards the fell ranges.
We finish the tour at Bowness-on-Windermere where you will be able to enjoy your Traditional English Cream Tea at the Four Star Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel, once owned by Beatrix Potter
· Meet the Premium Tour representative to collect your tickets and itinerary for the day outside the Euston main ticket office at 08.00 am for an 8.30am train.
· Returns: 9:25 pm - Euston Station
· Tour does not run on Bank Holidays
· We regret this tour is unsuitable for child under 5 years of age
· Routes are subject to change without notice
· Please note some weather conditions may not allow a Lake Cruise to take part.
· We reserve the right to alter or cancel tours in the event of severe inclement weather, traffic congestion or for operational reasons
· We include a number of attractions in our tours, however these are operated by third parties and therefore we are not liable for any damages, loss or closures to do with these third parties
· Lunch and Refreshments are not included in our prices unless otherwise stated
· Hill Top House is closed on Fridays however we will still visit its Garden and Shop. Hill Top is not included in the Winter itinerary (30th Oct 17 – 16th Feb 18)
· Please note this tour is unescorted to and from the Lake District
· Please note - once booked, this tour is non-refundable
- Euston Station, Outside Main Ticket Office