Windsor Castle, Stonehenge and Bath
- Admissions to Windsor Castle, Stonehenge and Roman Baths (Nov 2016- Mar 2017 we will offer a 1-course lunch in a classic country pub instead of entry to the Roman Baths.)
- Professional Guide
- Transportation by Luxury Air-Conditioned Coach
- Free Walking Tour of Bath
- Complimentary hotel pick up from one of over 90 central London hotels. You will be taken to our departure point-Victoria Coach Station- to board your tour
- Free Wi-Fi on board
- Audio Headset in Windsor Castle, Stonehenge and Roman Baths
- Entrance to the delightful Georgian Pump Room
Over 900 years of royal history are waiting for you in Windsor Castle, which is perched high above the River Thames just outside of London. From William the Conqueror all the way through to our current Queen, successive monarchs have lived here and left their mark on what is now the largest continuously occupied castle in the world. We shall be amongst the first people to enter Windsor Castle, so you can see for yourself the splendor of St. Georges chapel and the sumptuous state apartments. Windsor itself is a pretty town full of traditional shops and historic pubs. Shakespeare is said to have written his play The Merry Wives of Windsor in one of them!
Bath, another world heritage site. Bath is a beautiful Georgian city with delightful crescents, terraces and architecture. Following our panoramic tour of the city, there will be time to visit Bath Abbey and Pulteney Bridge overlooking the river Avon cascading over the weir. And you can shop, explore or take afternoon tea in the Pump Rooms while listening to the string quartet.
Your ticket includes entrance to the Roman Baths that were built nearly 2,000 years ago. Built on Britain's only natural hot water spring lies the magnificent Roman public bath complex and Roman temple. At the heart of the World Heritage Site you can walk around the steaming pool on the Roman stone paving and admire the ancient Roman statues and architecture.
The most famous prehistoric monument in the world, and now a world heritage site, Stonehenge stands alone in the vast empty tract of Salisbury plain. Its origins date back nearly 5,000 years and it has been home to pagan religion and spiritual worship, not to be mention public debate ever since. What was this vast collection of stones intended for? Was it observatory of the moon, a temple to the sun, or an elaborate cemetery? Who were the people who carried and carved these 40 ton rocks? Come and unlock the secrets for yourself and marvel at this remarkable and mysterious feat of ancient engineering and design.
Returns to London at approximately 8:30pm
· Admissions to Windsor Castle, Stonehenge and Roman Baths
· Professional Guide
· Transportation by Luxury Air-Conditioned Coach
· Free Walking Tour of Bath
· Complimentary hotel pick up from one of over 90 central London hotels. You will be taken to our departure point-Victoria Coach Station- to board your tour
· Free Wi-Fi on board
· Audio Headset in Windsor Castle, Stonehenge and Roman Baths
· Entrance to the delightful Georgian Pump Room
· Gratuities (optional)
· Hotel Drop Offs (the tour will finish at Victoria Coach station)
· Lunch (time will be provided for a refreshment break)
· This tour will depart promptly at 8.15 am Victoria Coach Station gate 16 and will conclude with a drop-off in central London approximately at 8 pm
· In Winter between November 2016 and March 2017 no entry to Roman Baths included-1 course lunch provided instead in a classic country pub
· On rare occasion the State Apartments are closed and as an alternative we shall visit Queens Mary's Doll's House and St Georges Chapel. On Sundays St Georges Chapel is closed, there will be extra time to explore castle precincts
· This tour will depart promptly at 8:15am and return at approximately 8 pm
· On rare occasions, if the George Inn is not available, we use a suitable alternative.
· During Peak Periods, Additional Vehicles Without Wi-Fi May Be Used.
· On 25th and 27th March 2016 Windsor Castle will be closed. The tour will be visiting Hampstead Court Palace instead.
· From 1st November 2016 this tour will leave at Victoria Coach Station Gate 1 at 07.45am and we offer a courtesy pick-up service from 16 selected hotels at the earlier time.
- Copthorne Tara
- Doubletree Hilton Hyde Park
- Grosvenor House, JW Marriott
- Hilton Metropole
- Hilton Paddington
- Holiday Inn Kensington Forum
- Indigo Kensington
- Kensington Close
- Lancaster London
- Marriott Marble Arch
- Millennium Gloucester (Casino Entrance)
- Park Plaza County Hall
- Park Plaza Westminster Bridge
- Pullman St. Pancras
- Sloane Square Hotel
- Victoria Coach Station (Gate 0-2)
- customer will confirm later